The window project will commence on Wed. November 21, 2018 to March 2019 (approx.). You will be given notice when the windows in your unit are being done.
It is important that you follow the steps outlined below as you prepare your unit for the window replacements.
- Remove any furniture and obstructions [Interior and Exterior] a minimum of 4’to 6’ away from windows including both bedroom windows
For all “1st floor” units with bay windows
- Your bedroom windows (south side) are not being replaced at this time. Only the north side windows are being replaced.You must follow the same instructions for your windows
- Provide a clear path from the entrance door to windows being replaced
- Remove any window mounted components such as Air Conditioner, Dehumidifier and Alarm Systems.
- Remove plants [Exterior and Interior] from around the windows/window sills.
- Remove all window coverings, curtains/blinds, loose rugs, pictures, clocks, etc. that may be on and/or near the wall
- Remove loose glass ornaments, planters, etc. from inside & outside of the unit
- We recommend covering all furniture with drop cloths to protect against dust (i.e. over beds, furniture, delicate upholstery, vents, etc.) (contractor will provide floor protection only)
- Ensure that pets and children are not in the units during the window replacement work (pets can be locked away in the bathroom or in a crate or cat carrier)
- Store and lock away any valuables, tools & personal belongings prior to work commencing.
- Important Notes
- Management and contractors will not be responsible for any items that are missing and/or damaged.
- While installers are in your unit, the front door will be locked.
- One (1) of the elevators may be out of service in order for the contractors to transport the required material (one elevator will always be working).
- We are kindly asking that all members be patient as there will be noise, dust and heavy traffic during this project.
- As this will be a very busy time for the management office, there may be a delay in responding to phone/email enquiries. While we will make every effort to respond in a timely manner, please allow a minimum of 48 hours for a non-emergency response.
- Emergencies will be handled immediately.
Thanks for your co-operation.
Nov. 20, 2018