WOODSWORTH HOUSING CO-OPERATIVE, INC.
THE PARTICIPATION BY-LAW (No. 23)
(passed Jan. 23, 1984 as By-law No. 11) Reconfirmed by members on September 30, 2010 as part of the adoption of the consolidated by-laws.
1. Each member shall participate in the operations of the Co-op by sitting on the Board or a committee, or volunteering time in some other area of the Co-op's operation. Each member will be expected to contribute an average of four hours per month.
2. Members will be required, upon joining the Co-op and annually thereafter, to list the activities and/or committees for which they are available.
3. Each member will normally give a minimum of one year commitment to the chosen participation activity.
4. Each year the Board will provide an up-to-date list of Approved Volunteer Activities, with provisions for members to make particular individual requests.
5. Members who have contributed an average of eight (8) hours or more a month may apply for a one year sabbatical.
6. A member may apply to the Board for exemption from this participation requirement for reasons of health or employment or others acceptable to the Board.
7. No member will be considered in breach of this policy if there are no volunteer positions open.
8. Breach of this policy will affect a member's status in the Co-op.
9. An Annual Survey of the Membership shall include an outline of "Implementation Procedures" as they exist at that time.
Consolidated up to April 2010 and adopted by the members on September 30, 2010.