The Office of Ward 28 Councillor – Lucy Troisi confirmed:
City of Toronto – Community Environment Day (Date change)
New Date: Sat. July 21, 2018
New Hours: 10:00 am to 2:00 pm
The original date for the Ward 28 Community Environment Day had to be cancelled due to the weather and forecast.
CHF Canada is now accepting applications for 2018 microgrants for projects that help support the environment. CHF Canada accepts grant requests for $500 to $4,000. Successful recipients will receive a single payment after submitting receipts and a final project report.
– composting, community gardens, rain barrels
– planting trees
– safe and secure bike and carrier storage
– lighting upgrades
– energy audits
– viability studies for projects like roof gardens or grey-water harvesting
What does the grant cover?
– materials, supplies and equipment
– contractor or consultant fees
What isn’t covered?
– members’ labour
– co-op staff wages
– normal co-op operating costs
– ongoing costs associated with maintaining the project after completion
If you are interested, talk to your neighbours, the Maintenance Committee, the Landscape Committee, or the Board!
For the application form and to see more details, especially projects funded in the past, see
Woodsworth doesn’t yet have an environmental policy. One of the seven principles of co-operation is concern for community. While focusing on member needs, co-operatives work for the sustainable development of their communities through policies approved by their members.
- The Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation produced a guide to healthy housing in 2010.
- A model environmental sustainability policy from CHFC.
Presentation from the Environment Committee about the green roof, the naturalized garden on the eastside and beehive project in conjunction with the Toronto Beekeepers Co-operative.
A proposal for adding green roof elements to the mid rise roof and replacing our existing patio area is being brought to the GMM on March 21, 2013 for a decision.
Continue reading “Green Roof Update to March 2013”