Automated defibrillator (AED) in the lobby

There is now an AED in the elevator lobby on the ground floor.

This is a portable device that checks the heart rhythm and can send an electric shock to the heart to try to restore a normal rhythm. AEDs are used to treat sudden cardiac arrest (SCA). SCA is a condition in which the heart suddenly and unexpectedly stops beating.

Take a few moments to see how easy it is to use this life-saving device by watching this YouTube video about the AED.

See also
Emergency Procedures

Grew Up in Woodsworth, Live Here But Not a Member?

Did you grow up in the Co-op, live here but aren't a member? The committee will be holding Educational Interviews for Turning 16’s, teenagers who have grown up in Woodsworth and are at least 16 years of age. 

The interview session is being held on Thursday, June 1 in the the  Boardroom starting at 7:00 pm. If you are interested in attending, please let us know by emailing the committee.

The committee has also recently decided to open these interviews to any young people  who have grown up in the Co-op and are currently living in the Co-op, but have not yet become a member. Please email the committee with your name, age, who your parents are, how many years you've lived in the co-op and what unit you are living in, to see if you qualify to attend this session.

Email –

Cooperatively yours,

the Membership Committee

Booking the Penthouse or Board Room

  • To book the penthouse party room or the second floor board / committee room, please contact the co-op office.

    • Penthouse – top floor – your fob will open the room.
    • Board room – 2nd floor – You need to contact On-Call to have the room opened for you.
  • Using the Penthouse party room as a common room:
    If the penthouse room is not reserved for a meeting or for a private event, feel free to use the room as a lounge. Your fob will unlock the room. Be sure to clean up after yourself!
  • Outdoor space: You cannot reserve the roof deck for a private event. It is always available for use by the members even if the room is reserved. Your fob gets you out onto the roof deck.
  • WiFi: both rooms have passworded WiFi. You may find the Penthouse password in the "manuals" three-ring binder on the media bench / TV stand in the penthouse.
  • For more information about using the party room, see the Penthouse Room Use Policy.

Having Trouble Paying Your Housing Charge?

Posted April 15, 2017

If you are having trouble paying your housing charge due to a short term crisis, you may be able to get help to pay the money you owe and keep your housing. 

The City of Toronto and community agencies across the city operate a number of programs designed to help tenants threatened with eviction.

Don’t delay. If you owe money for rent, get assistance as soon as possible – don’t wait until the rental arrears have grown too large. And see the co-op management, consider downsizing, as well as try these resources.

Toronto Rent Bank
For interest-free repayable loan and rental deposit loans. You may be eligible for assistance if 

  • you currently do not receive over 50% of household income through OW/ODSP (social assistance)
  • you meet the income requirements
  • you are paying market rent (not subsidized)
  • and some other rules. Ask!

There are also other funds available that you can find out about through Neighbourhood Information Post. Contact NIP (near Parliament Library), 269 Gerrard Street East 416-924-2543
Hours: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday: 9:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. 
Wednesday: 1:00 p.m. – 4:30 p.m. 
Saturday & Sunday: Closed

For more information, see this flyer.

For more information on Share the Warmth or the Winter Warmth Fund, contact your nearest Rent Bank Access Centre, Neighbourhood Information Post, 416-924-2543.

To find out about the Emergency Energy Fund, call: (416) 338-3332.

Social Service Funds
There are a variety of funds available to help you meet needs, like winter clothing, children’s back-to-school needs, dental and vision care, special diets approved by a health profiessional, assistance with “up-front” child care costs, employment and training start-up costs, and some travel / transportation costs. 

You should ask your OW or ODSP case-worker about these benefits and funds. You can also contact your local community legal clinic for information. Legal clinics can be found in the telephone book or Yellow Pages under “Legal Aid”.

December 6 Fund
The YWCA December 6 Fund provides interest-free loans to women fleeing abuse. They help women establish themselves in safety. 

Contact Dela Aziavor, Support Worker
416.961.8101 x398

Pay Direct
If you receive ODSB and find managing money a challenge, you can ask your worker about Pay Direct. This means that your housing charge would be paid to Woodsworth before you receive your payment. 

Direct payments may be made to:
• Public or private landlord;
• Utility company; and/or
• Trust account pending the resolution of a landlord and tenant dispute.

Thank you to the pamphlet from Centre for Equality Rights in Accommodation (November 2010).

For more community resources, see our list of Neighbourhood Resources and the S4S Resources page.

Here is a printable copy of this page.